Policies & Disclaimers
Funeral Homes may publish obituaries on our web site that we have been asked to submit for publication to local/national media. In accordance with family wishes, information about services that families request remain private will not be published. We will honor any written requests from the decedent’s legal next of kin to remove a published obituary.
We reserve the right to edit, or refuse to list, a condolence that contains language that is unlawful, harmful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable, or encourages conduct that might constitute a criminal offense. Information posted on this website is public. If you would like to ask for information to be removed, please use the Contact Us.
We reserve the right to change the information contained in this web site without notice. Our company is not responsible for any unintentional errors that may be contained in this web site. Links to other web sites are provided for the convenience of the user and should not be construed as an endorsement of another web site or of the business referred to, or promoted, in another web site. We grant permission for any user to follow links to other web sites, but we cannot be held responsible for any content errors, copyright violations, libelous statements, offensive subject matter, or any other material that may be contained in those web sites, or in any succeeding web sites that my be reached by following those links.
We understand that privacy is an important issue for visitors to our web site. The following information is designed to help visitors understand what information we may gather from our site, and how we may use this information once it has been gathered.
We can package, transport, and mail cremated remains by U.S Registered Mail only (other carries will not accept cremated remains) anywhere in the United States for $95 (add cost of urn).
If for any reason there are items or services not utilized you will be entitled to a refund. All refunds will be provided as a credit to the credit card used at the time of purchase.
Our funeral home(s) may collect personal information that site visitors provide when they complete any online form, application, or survey. Information provided in a request for service or information link/e-mail will be forwarded to one of our associates or affiliates so a staff member can respond to the request. Our funeral home(s) may contact any visitor who has submitted a request for additional information, regarding the request.
Our company is the sole proprietor of all data files gathered and we do not rent or sell visitors’ personal information to non-affiliate companies without the consent of the visitor.
Site Visitorship Data
Our Funeral Home(s) uses aggregated site visitorship data to improve the content and services offered to site visitors. All reports cite visitorship data on an aggregate, anonymous basis, which means that no personal information is associated with it. This data may include:
- The number of people who visit our site
- The pages they visit
- The amount of time they stay on our site
- The domain name of the site where visitors are connecting from (aol.com for example)
Third Party Data Collection
When you visit this site, third parties (such as Adroll) may place cookies on your browser for targeted advertising purposes.
For a complete description of the types of data collected, how that data is used, and how to opt out of targeted ads, please Contact Us
If visitors submit credit card information in an on-line form, our company uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption technology to protect the information they submit. This technology protects visitors from having their information intercepted by anyone other than our company while it is being transmitted. Our company works hard to ensure that our systems are secure and that they meet industry standards. Where appropriate, we employ firewalls, encryption technology, user authentication systems (e.g., user names and passwords) and access control mechanisms to control access to systems and data.
Contacting the Webmaster
OPT OUT TARGETED ADS
The following are options for controlling the targeted ads (sometimes called “interest-based ads”) you receive.
Opting-out of this type of advertising through the below methods will not prevent you from seeing ads, but those ads will likely be less relevant because they will not be tailored to your interests. The ads might, for instance, be randomly generated or based on the web page you are visiting.
- Web browser: You can opt-out of receiving personalized ads (including retargeted ads) served by clicking on the blue icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads. Please note that this “opt-out” function is browser-specific and relies on an “opt-out cookie”, thus, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt-out again. If you use a Safari browser, please also see directions regarding our cookie-less technology opt-out, below.
- Cross Device Opt- Out: If you opt-out on a browser or device and have additional devices or browsers linked to you, it may extend your opt-out decision to any other linked browsers and devices. Since users are linked across browsers and devices in some conditions, there could be cases where you are still being tracked in a different browser or device not linked, and where they are treating you as a different user.
- Mobile Device Opt-Out: To opt-out of receiving targeted ads that are based on your behavior across different mobile applications follow the below instructions, for iOS and Android devices:
- iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting; and
- For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Select Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising”.